The Great Reunion: a first in the history of the University of Montreal
The Université de Montréal has traveled through the centuries, witnessed a multitude of back-to-school and graduation ceremonies, and this year, for the first time in its history, is organizing a Grand Reunion! You can expect some great moments as well as a rich and varied program from September 28 to October 2, 2022.
On this occasion, UdeM wants to make it possible for you to celebrate yours Alma mater, to rediscover the excitement of your university years, rediscover your campus with family or friends, and explore its new territories. During these five days of celebrations, you will be able to reconnect with the alumni of your class and meet those who, like you, keep UdeM, its faculties and its schools alive.
If you haven’t already, we invite you to watch the introductory video, which will both inspire a sense of nostalgia and immerse you in the festive spirit that will be on campus from September 28th to October 2nd : reseau.umontreal.ca/grandesretrovailles.
To give you a taste of what to expect, here are some upcoming highlights of this extraordinary celebration:
- mountain conference
“The Place of Science in Public Discourse”
- Day of the faculty meeting
A variety of activities in the faculties and schools (conferences, award ceremonies, tours) as well as networking happy hours to get back in touch with you alma mater.
- National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
On this day of remembrance and reflection, you can participate in a range of educational activities to better understand the realities of the first peoples.
saturday 1ah October
- family day
Sports, musical and scientific activities for everyone, as well as conferences, exhibitions and visits to faculties and schools.
- Complimentary concert at the end of the day on the MIL campus
Sunday October 2nd
- Convention of 50, 55, 60, 65 years and more promotion
- Concert organized by the Music Faculty at the Maison symphonique
- Spark Gala at Cirque Éloize
Completion of the celebrations
Visit our page reseau.umontreal.ca/grandesretrouvailles, follow us on social networks #retrovaillesumontreal learn more
“It changed my life”: the new season available
Have you listened to the second podcast season? It changed my life of the UdeM alumni and donor network?
These four new episodes chronicle the graduates’ inspiring journeys and how crucial their time at university was in their lives. The common thread that runs through their stories is of course theirs alma materbut also boldness and cooperation.
To learn more and discover the latest episodes, visit reseau.umontreal.ca/balado.
Here are the invitees and alumni of this Season 2. Thank you for your trust and the time you have dedicated to this project.
Episode 1: Love beyond the mountain
- Charlotte Lalement (Political Science 2018) is a Work Engagement Specialist at Bloom at Work.
- Tony Lopez (Political Science 2018) is a parliamentary assistant at the National Assembly in Paris.
Episode 2: Music, a universal language
- Airat Ichmuratov (Musik 2017) is a clarinetist in the Kleztory group and composer and conductor in residence with the Orchester symphonique de Longueuil.
- Andre Moisan is Associate Professor at the UdeM and clarinetist and saxophonist with the Orchester symphonique de Montréal.
Episode 3: Veterinarian Mentor for Wildlife Health
- Emilie L Couture (Veterinary Medicine 2017) is Veterinarian for Zoological Medicine at Zoo de Granby.
- Stephane Lair (Tiermedizin 2015) is full professor for wildlife health at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the UdeM.
Episode 4: The Strength of Friendship
- Chloe Le Guillou Gagnon (Public Health 2018) is an epidemiologist with Indigenous Services Canada.
- Celine Signor (Public Health 2017) is an epidemiologist with the Public Health Agency of Canada.
SHARE YOUR GOOD SHOTS!
Whether out of pride or simple curiosity, articles about the success of our graduates are among the most read across our various platforms. Have you just started a new job, did your former classmate receive an award or have you heard about the achievements of a UdeM colleague? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear and above all tell your stories; Whether they are the result of personal or professional initiatives, they deserve to be shared.
ARE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS CURRENT?
Would you like to know what benefits and services you are entitled to as a UdeM graduate? Update your contact details and determine your communication preferences! This gives you a wealth of news, particularly on the backgrounds and accomplishments of those who make the Université de Montréal shine. Visit the reseau.umontreal.ca/MAJcoordonnees.
CONFERENCES: ALWAYS LEARN MORE THANKS TO YOUR “ALMA MATER”!
With the expertise of graduates of the UdeM faculties, the virtual live conferences of the alumni and donor network offer a diverse and stimulating program. Most can be listened to for free or at minimal cost.
Consult the calendar below reseau.umontreal.ca to see the current programme.